Leading Global Organizations Share Their Earth Day Plans
Yesterday we had the opportunity to speak with global leaders about their sustainability programs and Earth Day plans, and the conversation was nothing short of inspiring.
These leading organizations gave us a sneak peek into their big 2017 Earth Day plans, here’s what they had to say:
- Will be hosting their 2nd Annual In Our Nature Expo for employees, which focuses on promoting sustainable living both at home and at work.
- Is encouraging their sites to plan Earth Day events that will be most impactful in their communities, various sites are also working towards their WildlifeHC certification.
- Will be hosting friendly, team member-led sustainability competition across their different properties.
- Check out the image to see all the amazing sustainability activities and events the winning teams hosted last year!
- Is providing their employees with opportunities to celebrate all month long with e-waste collections, volunteer opportunities, and community partnerships.
- Is focusing on raising awareness about Ocean Plastic, through their “Planet” employee resource group. The group organizes beach cleanups around the world.
- Is planning to designate interdepartmental “Sustainability Champions” to help lead their efforts. They are focused on educating their employees and getting them engaged in their various Earth Day activities.
- Will be sharing conservation and biodiversity stories from their generation facilities all over the U.S.
- In the past, NRG has had their sustainability team share recommended Earth Day reads with all of their employees.
- Will be closing their offices on Earth Day, for the 19th consecutive year, to host greening projects globally in their local communities.
Check out the rest of the conversation at #goEarthDay to read about these organizations' Big Hairy Audacious Goals (BHAGs) for 2017, who's in charge of their sustainability programs, and the challenges and successes they've experienced.
Join the thousands of employee engagement champions!
Subscribe to WeSpire Employee Engagement Insights today.Click Here to Subscribe