WeSpire helps companies engage their employees and the world at large in a wide-variety of positive impact programs that improve overall business performance. Our breakthrough technology uses the power of behavioral science and positive psychology to motivate people to take action and gives companies unprecedented data to prove the value of those actions. Our behavioral programs include best-in-class initiatives for sustainability, corporate social responsibility, wellbeing, inclusivity and culture.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our dynamic team in building The Right Thing that customers love and rely on. Our platform is built on React and Ruby on Rails and used by a wide range of enterprises and end users alike, on desktop and mobile. This role is critical to the engineering team with future leadership opportunities if desired. The ideal candidate is a versatile problem solver with a potent combination of full-stack engineering abilities and communication skills. If the following paragraphs resonate, we’d love to hear from you!
You are an independent thinker and hands-on engineer who enjoys working on a broad range of products (enterprise and consumer) and devices (desktop and mobile). You have a curious mind to learn new things while balancing that with the need to build. You are familiar with the Agile methodology, but can also deliver on deadlines.
You are scrappy and pragmatic. You can balance speed with quality and know when automation is worth the effort. You live and breathe by KISS, YAGNI and DRY principles. You care about operational excellence and the health of the product. You are willing to jump in and do whatever is needed to keep a SaaS service up and running.
You work well within a cross-functional team environment. You are able to and enjoy mentoring junior engineers. You take ownership of your work, both successes and failures.
- Flexible remote-friendly work environment
- Competitive salary to work on important problems with global impact
- Unlimited time-off policy
- Generous group health, dental, and vision benefits
- Meaningful work on a platform to help large employers support sustainable development around the globe
What You’ll Do
- Deliver quality code (design, implementation and testing)
- Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations and provide feedback to others
- Provide technical input to product management and product design during the product development cycle
- Be part of the on-call rotation for operations to run, monitor and manage a cloud-hosted SaaS application
- 2+ years of experience as full-stack software engineer
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Meaningful experience working with cloud services
- Team-oriented and possess a positive attitude
- Experience with iOS and/or Android app development a strong plus
- Sense of humor and humility a strong plus
- Startup experience a strong plus
Your Skills and Experiences
- Linux, platform as a service solutions, continuous integration systems, Github
- Agile software development
- Enterprise IT security knowledge a plus
Think We’re a Match? Let’s Talk!
Ready to learn more about the WeSpire team? We’d love to hear from you! Please share your resumé and background via email to email@example.com.
WeSpire celebrates respects and supports diversity in the workplace. WeSpire is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to considering all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.