Director, Finance & Operations
This is a full-time remote opportunity
WeSpire is hiring a Director of Finance & Operations to join our team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this new role will lead a portfolio of functions including revenue & KPI analytics tracking, financial planning and reporting, IT/facilities, legal and vendor management. The Director will work closely with the Leadership Team on strategic planning and financial forecasting.
Do you love making sure the trains are running on time operationally and building easy to use and crystal-clear dashboards and models, so everyone has a clear sense of goals and performances? Are you highly collaborative, trustworthy, positive, and realistic? Ready for your next fulfilling adventure?
Keep reading and we’d love to hear from you!
WeSpire employee engagement software and campaigns, driven by proven behavioral science, encourage the entire workforce to make a positive impact at work and in their communities.
WeSpire is an online technology platform that allows world-class enterprise organizations to design, run, and measure positive employee programs in areas such as sustainability, giving and volunteering, wellbeing, diversity, equity and inclusion, and corporate culture. WeSpire’s mission is to inspire people to create a better working world and help our brand partners – and their employees – to work towards delivering the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
To learn more, please visit Employee Engagement Software and Campaigns – WeSpire
What you’ll be doing as Director of Finance and Operations
- Planning & Performance: Develop, report on, and drive alignment and accountability throughout the company around KPIs, OKRs and operational metrics. Work collaboratively with the leadership team to develop goals, plans, and forecasts and drive quarterly board reporting.
- Finance: Manage the entire order to cash process with sales, customer success and accounting. Work closely with the outsourced company controller and bookkeeper to ensure financials make sense, track cash, collect receivables, and pay payables. Provide financial and operating reporting to board, investors, as well as certifying organizations like B Corp and EcoVadis.
- Vendor management: Review and approve vendor expenses and find ways to better live our values with our spend and work with LT leaders to streamline without negatively impacting the business or employees
- Legal: Serve as legal point of contact for sales and customer success and work closely with outside counsel as needed for contracts. Support LT through fundraising process as warranted. Work closely with the compliance, legal and internal teams to ensure compliance organizations wide with privacy regulations. Ensure IP remains protected through timely filings and follow up.
- IT & Facilities: Make sure employees have the right equipment, the right security, and the right software to do their best work while remote. When WeSpire returns to offices, ensure appropriate leases, and manage space set up. As we scale, hire, and oversee office managers as warranted.
What you should have
- MBA plus 3-5 years of experience preferred or equivalent years of experience in/supporting a high growth start up environment.
- Private equity and venture capital experience, i.e., hands-on experience in an operational or financial role at a high-growth startup, or a relevant background in venture/private equity finance, operations finance, business insights, executive staff office, management consulting, or other related field.
- Experience partnering closely with legal, policy, technical, and revenue teams, working on complex products or partnerships, or working in a legal or regulatory operating environment
- Strong understanding of accounting, finance, and business analytics principles
- Highly analytical, with advanced Excel skills
- Able to develop strategy, build a case, and tell a persuasive story to drive decision making and buy-in across an organization
- Relentless focus on execution that goes beyond analysis and strategy
- Self-starter who is able to own complex projects with minimal input
- Willingness to really roll up your sleeves in a startup environment. No job is too small.
- Intense curiosity and drive to make things better
- Excellent interpersonal skills, readily develops trust and credibility across all
We are a growing post-Series B startup located at the center of Boston’s bustling innovation center and steps away from easy public transportation. Our benefits include:
- Remote-friendly culture, both during normal times as well as our current day to day.
- We care far more about your talents, insights, and ability to execute than your current address.
- Competitive salary to work on important problems with global impact.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- Generous group health, dental, and vision benefits.
- Opportunity for equity in a fast-growing company.
- Meaningful work on a platform to help large employers support sustainable development around the globe.
As a world-class employer, WeSpire is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships.
We’d love to learn what you can add to our team and thrive together!
How to Apply
Interested candidates can send resume and a letter of interest to Careers@wespire.com.