WeSpire is an online technology platform that allows world-class enterprise organizations to design, run, and measure positive employee programs in areas such as sustainability, wellbeing, and corporate culture. WeSpire’s mission is to inspire people to create a better working world and help our brand partners – and their employees – to work towards delivering the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
With that mission in mind, we are looking for a talented Senior QA engineer to join our dynamic team in building The Right Thing that customers love and rely on. Our platform is built on React and Ruby on Rails and used by a wide range of enterprises and end users alike, on desktop and mobile. The ideal candidate is a versatile problem solver with a potent combination of full-stack engineering abilities and communication skills. If the following paragraphs resonate, we’d love to hear from you!
You are an independent thinker and hands-on engineer who enjoys working on a broad range of products (enterprise and consumer) and devices (desktop and mobile). You have a curious mind to learn new things while balancing that with the need to build. You are familiar with the Agile methodology, but can also deliver on deadlines.
You work well within a cross-functional team environment. You are able to and enjoy mentoring junior engineers. You take ownership of your work, both successes and failures. You take ownership of your work, both successes and failures.
What you should have
- 4+ years of experience in manual and automated testing
- A desire to learn how to test APIs, databases, and B2B software using industry-standard tools
- The ability to develop, modify and execute software test plans, test cases
- The ability to analyze test results to ensure correct functionality and recommend corrective action
- Experience in agile development environment testing enterprise level applications.
- A sense of ownership of your product and drive to improve its quality
- A collaborative spirit working with diverse stakeholders, across functions such as Engineering, Marketing, Product Management, Merchandising, and Creative
- Sense of humor and humility a strong plus
- Startup experience a strong plus
What you’ll be doing
- Be the voice of quality from many perspectives: our members, business users, internal team members
- Learn to assess, inform, and advise on Risk and its impact in relation to product development & user experience
- Contribute to automated testing in Cypress or similar testing suites
- Ask questions, collaborate with team members, develop & execute strategies to release products efficiently with confidence in their quality
- Test functional & Non functional requirements in support of new & existing feature development
- Test multiple layers of the codebase, including UX, API, and Database testing
- Enhance our culture of excellence in test & quality, learning best practices and standards in the industry
We are a growing post-Series A startup located (normally!) at the center of Boston’s bustling innovation center and steps away from easy public transportation. Our benefits include:
- Remote-friendly culture, both during normal times as well as our current day-to-day. We care far more about your talents, insights, and ability to execute than your current address
- Competitive salary to work on important problems with global impact
- Flexible PTO policy
- Generous group health, dental, and vision benefits
- Opportunity for equity in a fast-growing company
- Meaningful work on a platform to help large employers support sustainable development around the globe
As a world-class employer, WeSpire is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team and thrive together!
How to Apply
Interested candidates can send resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.