WeSpire is an online technology platform that allows world-class enterprise organizations to design, run, and measure positive employee programs in areas such as sustainability, wellbeing, and corporate culture. WeSpire’s mission is to inspire people to create a better working world and help our brand partners – and their employees – to work towards delivering the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
With that mission in mind, we are looking for Software Engineers to join our dynamic team in building The Right Thing that customers love and rely on. Our platform is built on React and Ruby on Rails and used by a wide range of enterprises and end users alike, on desktop and mobile. The ideal candidate is a versatile problem solver with a potent combination of full-stack engineering abilities and communication skills. If the following paragraphs resonate, we’d love to hear from you!
You are an independent thinker and hands-on engineer who enjoys working on a broad range of products (enterprise and consumer) and devices (desktop and mobile). You have a curious mind to learn new things while balancing that with the need to build. You are familiar with the Agile methodology, but can also deliver on deadlines.
You are scrappy and pragmatic. You can balance speed with quality and know when automation is worth the effort. You live and breathe by KISS, YAGNI and DRY principles. You care about operational excellence and the health of the product. You are willing to jump in and do whatever is needed to keep a SaaS service up and running.
You work well within a cross-functional team environment. You are able to and enjoy mentoring junior engineers. You take ownership of your work, both successes and failures.
What you should have
- 3+ years of experience as full-stack software engineer
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Knowledge of enterprise IT and Infosec issues
- Meaningful experience working with cloud services
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Team-oriented and possess a positive attitude
- Experience with iOS and/or Android app development a strong plus
- Sense of humor and humility a strong plus
- Startup experience a strong plus
What you’ll be doing
- Deliver quality code (design, implementation and testing)
- Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations and provide feedback to others
- Provide technical input to product management and product design during the product development cycle
- Be part of the on-call rotation for operations to run, monitor and manage a cloud-hosted SaaS application
- Provide technical input to enterprise IT and Infosec reviews as needed
- Be a mentor and role model to junior engineers on the team
We are a growing post-Series A startup located (normally!) at the center of Boston’s bustling innovation center and steps away from easy public transportation. Our benefits include:
- Remote-friendly culture, both during normal times as well as our current day-to-day. We care far more about your talents, insights, and ability to execute than your current address
- Competitive salary to work on important problems with global impact
- Flexible PTO policy
- Generous group health, dental, and vision benefits
- Opportunity for equity in a fast-growing company
- Meaningful work on a platform to help large employers support sustainable development around the globe
As a world-class employer, WeSpire is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team and thrive together!
How to Apply
Interested candidates can send resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.